Wednesday, May 15, 2013

three daughters

I feel like I have recently just been growing and growing and learning and learning so much about who I am and who I want to be. 

I've decided that I need and WANT to focus my energy and heart on being home with my girls. To take on my role with more...ferocity? I guess, let me explain...

I watched this clip: HERE.
If you can't open it, its a trailer for a documentary called: "Girl Rising" about women and girls around the world, fighting for rights, knowledge, education.
If you want to get me fired up, a sure way to do it is women's rights, especially regarding education. I watched the trailer and just cried.
And then two thoughts pressed in my head, like someone spoke them to me:

"I did not create you full of passion, and confidence, I didn't put bold and strong women in your life (my mom and step-mom, aunts and friends), to just sit around and let life happen." 

So then I started thinking of all the different organizations I could join, places I could travel.....

But then again, a heard a voice in my mind:
"Why do you think I gave you three daughters?"

I watched my girls play outside and my perspective had suddenly changed. I have three brave, bold, valiant, sweet, kind, beautiful women, in my care. They are full of potential. I look in their sweet blue eyes and know they will move mountains.

I was reminded that our biggest passions, dreams and ambitions, do no require us traveling the world (someday, that may be part of my life), or starting a new career, a lot of times its a change in our focus and perspective. And remembering, and seeing what is right in front of us.



6 comments:

debsfreckles said...

I can really relate to this post. I had the same thing happen to me but not exactly on the same subject. It was on a few ways I strongly feel that this world should change and that is why I started homeschool. Not that that is the solution for everyone but I just felt like I could not teach them all I needed to when they are gone from me so much and likely learning things that I would have to "un-teach" them.

Lexy and Jared said...

You are such a wonderful mama! I love the way you prioritize love, silliness, and togetherness with your family. I think it is such a daunting task to raise girls to be the kind of women they can be, but if anyone can do it, it's you, Rach.

Megan Marie said...

no kidding! great reminder that Heavenly Father knows what He's doing and He works with the potential in righteous parenthood! i LOVE this post!

Hayley said...

god made moms and that is super cool.

Brooke said...

I feel the same way. Except, I have boys. I need to raise them to be good men. To respect and encourage the women around them. It's a daunting task. But, I've got to have faith that Heavenly Father knows what He is doing.

Megan Marie said...

I'm not even grumpy that you haven't updated this yet because I love this post so much. I just keep reading it.