Tuesday, December 18, 2007

S.O.S./complaining sesh

This pic is how I feel, even though I have a month a few weeks to go...

Last night was miserable. And I need help. Lily has gotten to the point of being...too big for the little amount of space provided. I barely got any sleep last night because I could NOT breathe! I tried the sitting up thing, tons of pillows supporting me every which way, you name it...just real frustrating. And then when I could fall asleep my heart burn would wake me up, so I would drink some milk, making the Lily space even smaller. I also am having major back and hip pains because everything is moving around trying to create more space for this girl, the doc said it was normal...and that with the next kid it wont be so bad...that helps me huh? I need advice. It is a really sad sob story too because for graduation my parents got me a memory-foam mattress pad which is DIVINE...when you can breathe.


But on a lighter note, I got junk cereal last night.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Maybe this is just me, but I chew gum to calm my heart burn down. Usually it works really good and eliminates the heart burn totally for awhile, but when heart burn gets really bad, chewing gum will at least alleviate some of the discomfort. I know it's weird to chew gum when you're going to bed but that helped me get through lots of tough nights. Plus you don't have such bad breath in the morning ;) Oh yeah, use a sugar free gum like trident so it doesn't get stuck in your hair if you accidentally spit it out of your mouth when you're asleep. Don't worry, it'll all be over soon and then you'll loose sleep for another reason!

Carly said...

Hi Rachel- I'm so sorry you are at the hardest part of pregnancy (at least it was for me!). You know what is so weird, though? (And a lot of people told me this but I thought they were stupid, haha) I can't really even remember how miserable it was. I know I was miserable, but I can't remember what it felt like. It's pretty temporary, if thats any kind of comfort. The worst was the hip pain though, so I definitely feel you there! Laying on a hot pad and getting a massage really helped. I know a great masseuse that's cheap and she'll come to your house with her table and everything if you want. She's the sweetest, too. Let me know! You deserve it!