Wednesday, May 21, 2008

song

This is my second post of day...yeah and like minutes after my first...

so my song for Lily and I is 'Stolen' by Dashboard Confessional. The lyrics really have nothing to do with a mother and child, in fact its kinda a love song between girl and guy. BUT when she was in my tummy I would listen to it on my ipod when walking around on campus and I would sing it to her all the time, cause she had already really stolen my heart, someday I'll re-write lyrics like I did for that John Mayer song I sang at our wedding reception... here's a sample:


We watch the season pull up its own stakes
And catch the last weekend of the last week
Before the gold and the glimmer have been replaced,
Another sun soaked season fades away
You have stolen my heart
I am also a big Jason Mraz fan, sorry for those of you who find him annoying, the fact is he would probably annoy me I knew him personally but honestly i LOVE his music, his lyrics are great. the song 'I'm Yours' is just soooo sweet, it can be one of our songs, also the song he just came out with, its a duet with Colbie Calliat called 'Lucky' its about being in love with your best friend, so lovely. Here's a tid-bit from 'I'm Yours':
Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you’re free
Look into your heart and you’ll find love love love
Listen to the music of the moment maybe sing with me
A peaceful melody
It’s your God-forsaken right to be loved love loved love loved
So I won’t hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I’m sure
There’s no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I’m yours
here's another tid-bit from 'Lucky':
I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Lucky we're in love every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday
Cant get enough, I have my itunes up, totally jamm'n out. Sometimes I pretend I am fulfilling my life long dream to be a rocker, and when I sing Jason Mraz I consider it to be my acoustic concert, in a small intimate coffee shop. Preferably the old Stuart's Coffee that once was down town that was simply amazing, the best shows ever were there...well some of the funnest. Any who, I'll keep singing and pretending to have a mohawk. Look up those songs, seriously worth it, in fact, down load them now. You will not die a happy person if you don't listen to those songs.

3 comments:

adrianne said...

i'm obsessed with him too rach AND he's a san diego local so everyone is nutso for him down here. maybe that's why..... hmmmmmmm.

Nicole said...

You are so cute!!! I am a blog loser too!! I'm on way too much!!

Janell said...

I'm so in love with Jason Mraz... I had never heard that Lucky song though... Thank you for introducing it to me :) Have you heard his opera singing?! You tube 'Jason Mraz sings opera'.... it's kind of strange just cause it's womanly... but amazing at he same time. No one could ever say he couldn't actually sing.