Wednesday, May 21, 2008

its official.

No longer a food source. Kinda liberating really, I never knew how much nursing stressed me out. Lily doesn't seem to care either way, and I am doing a lot better now then I was before with the whole deal, it was really hard for me to stop...definite tear shedding... Sorry if this is TMI, but it is great not having to wear nursing pads all the time, worrying about whenever I would hear a baby cry and leaking... not having to worry about covering up and stuff when in public...there are definite perks. Don't get me wrong though, I am totally for breast feeding and am not trying to discourage it at ALL. I hope that with my next baby I can nurse for a long time...not like weird long time but like socially acceptable long time.

4 comments:

Jeremy Saunders said...

HAHA! or is it LOL! Rachel, I love your pic, I totally thought it was going to be a post about the crraaaazy gas prices! I know what you mean. Nursing definitely has its ups and downs. Don't worry, I bet you will be able to next time, and you will get good at it, like I never had to wear pads, because I got the kids on such a regular schedule, yadiya. I nursed Aidan until he was 16 months old, I had NOTHING left and he still wanted more, let's just say he's definitely a boob man.
Give me a call, and we will get together and brainstorm singing time fun! I am loving it! At least you can sing!
Mimi

Carly said...

Haha :) Rachel, I think you and I feel the same way-- that is EXACTLY what I said when I was done nursing-- I had no idea how stressed it made me. But I'm with you-- with the next one maybe we'll make it a little longer!!! :)
I'm glad it is going well now. :)

Carly said...

OH PS Please read The Bell Jar and let me know how you feel about it!!

April said...

I never knew you could sing, were you hiding your talent?!!
Now that you and Mimi have become friends, we should get together when the sun comes out again and meet at the park!!
April