Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"my no yike waisins."

the very first time i went trick-or-treating we went to out neighbors house and he handed me a box of raisins, i kindly told him "my no yike waisins", threw them in his face and then ran away. needless to say, i have never ever liked raisins. (is that a Rands thing?) until now, i have discovered the wonderful golden raisin. and even better? the recipe on the back:

Carrot Raisin Muffins!
1 1/2 flour (i only use wheat flour)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
3/4 c sugar
1 1/2 c shredded carrots
1/2 c raisins
1/3 c milk
1/3 c butter (melted)

oven 400. combine the dry stuff. in a different bowl, beat sugar and eggs, add carrots, raisins milk and butter. then add the dry stuff until just moistened. bake for about 16 minutes (makes 12)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What's funny, is that while reading your blog, I was eating golden raisins. Then I got to this post and I smiled.