Tuesday, October 28, 2008

smells like halloween

When in grad school, funds are tight. (remember we spent fun money on the ice cream last night?)This year no pumpkins were bought. So we improvised, and made our own...all the while recycling! Were so environmentally savvy its scary.
Lily went to bed and Chad and I were 'crafty'. Wanna know what else is scary? The Lily pumpkin is cut out of an Al Gore article, and mine the obituaries...oohooooohhhoooo
being the arteeest

just in case you were wondering, I bought a witch hat (yes I just 'outed' my costume) and left it on top of the car and drove away (bummer). Got home, spilled my yummy dinner all over the floor while burning my hand (big painful bummer). I was very flustered and...bummed. You know what solves bummer moments in life? Molasses cookies. And making Lily laugh.



5 comments:

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

HOLY COW, Rach. I go like two days without reading your blog and there are like 20 new posts. Maybe you can update my blog some more?? You're cute.

Tif said...

I love the pumpkins! And they're newspaper ones, at that! Cute!

We're thinking 11ish. We'll be pressing more juice, and having some eats-just some sandwiches and light stuff. I'm not too sure what else. Ice cream blizzard cake...just picked it up...yummmmm....and some surprise cupcakes. And so yeah. 11 out at my mom's. Meredith was sooo supposed to keep me posted on when they were blessing Maria! I talked to her less than a week ago and she said she didn't know! grrr.... j/k

Bonnie and Tyler said...

How do you make molasis cookies?

April said...

Hey Rachel! Thanks for all of your sweet comments lately! It's so fun having this new little guy here finally! It's almost so great that I am thinking about having another one...almost!
Those cookies look delicious and pumpkin ice cream!!!
April

Carly said...

molasses cookies are my FAVORITE!!! :)