Thursday, November 5, 2009

slow dancing in a burning room

So fitting that song is stuck in my head:

Everyday in 6th to 8th grade, I would pray that this would happen.
My prayers were answered, just a few years too late.
Whatcom middle school totally caught fire last night. What does that mean? NO SCHOOL. My brother told me via text, my thoughts were immediately of all the kids sleeping in. Cause their school burnt down. My 6th grade self is so jealous right now.

But in all honesty, its pretty sad. That building was over 100 years old and really a piece of history. And what are all the kids and staff going to do? Talk about a mess.


Want to talk about a delicious mess? Make THIS.And make it now. I did last night....oh man probably the best thing ever. I cant get enough pumpkin stuff.(and the syrup is to die for) I actually bought a huge thing of pumpkin spice coffee creamer this morning for my hot chocolate...and oat meal...and cookies...and basically everything else.

4 comments:

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

Sad day!!!! Wow, and they just fixed up Whatcom just a few years ago! Crazy!

Kelsey said...

That is so sad!

As a teacher I couldn't imagine what it would be like to know all your books and things are burning!!

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vashti said...

YOu are a genius! I would never have thought to add the coffee creamer stuff to my oatmeal! This is why I love your blog, you enjoy food as much as I do and always give me such awesome ideas!