Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Story time!

{Thank you April, where ever you are, for reminding me!}

Our first apartment was on College Ave. in Rexburg. A real old brick building where the apartments are above a bridal shop, cup cake store, and other randoms.
When I got my final temple interview, the stake president asked where we were to be living and I told him. His response:
"Oh. Wow. Those were bad when I went to school here!" (he was not a young stake president)

That should give you an idea what the place was like.

A few months of us living there we saw this sign by our mail boxes:
(click if you have a hard time reading)

We laughed, and two weeks later I came home from working out.
My apartment door was open.
Cops, the owners of the place, camera men, reporters and our managers were my place.

I walked in, and they filled me in.
They found the snake, and indeed it was in our place.
It had been living above our shower for the whole time of its escape.
They tried luring it out with rats, the owner tried to 'call her baby' out. Nothing. Long story short: they ripped our whole freaking ceiling out of our bathroom and pulled it out. All 9 feet of it (newspaper was wrong by a foot).

Oh and they totally left the bloody rat on the floor.
And had us clean up the mess.

I was interviewed and on tv,
my one moment of fame,
and I said (all sweaty in BYUI work out clothes):

"(with shrugged shoulders)Well, if you pay for a crappy apartment, you get crazy stuff I guess?"

So awesome.

The story was on CNN, David Letterman, Good Morning America, and in multiple news papers.

AND the whole eviction process (for the owner of the basilisk) was settled on Judge Judy.

No Joke. Its all true.


We Meynders, put Rexburg on the map.


6 comments:

Vashti said...

If you know how to find any of the news clips I would love to watch them! This is seriously the funniest craziest story ever!! Way to make my Monday, Rach you rock!

Vashti said...

Wow, didn't realize it is actually TUESDAY today. I'm such a nermal ;)

Carly said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is SOOOOO funny!

Jeremy Saunders said...

LOL, what a great story. I can't believe it, thank goodness, it didn't decide to take a shower with you, that would have been freaky, I hate snakes! I can't believe you haven't told that story before!
Mimi

Gena said...

Oh my goodness! That is hilarious! Though, if it were me, I'd be freaking out that I had a snake living above my shower for those past days AND the dead rat. Sick!

Janice said...

I think I vaguely remember Heather telling me something about that. YUCK!