Sunday, March 7, 2010

new week

Boy am I glad to have last week over.
We were all sick the whole week, and then I ended it with a bang (almost literally) by crashing my bike=sprained wrist, scrapped knees and gnarly bruises.
And THEN my favorite drink was spilled before I had a chance to drink it. And I had been saving it for like a week.

This week will be different. Its going to be a good one, I can feel it
....Maybe cause I'll have two new skirts to wear...that I MADE!

I used THIS tutorial, but I used only a yard of fabric, didn't turn the skirt, just sewed it on to the elastic like this basically. SO easy. I plan on making many more.

And its a great week already, Chad is making his rock'n whole wheat bread (ground the flour himself!) and I just made THIS banana bread. And yes, its 1/2 gone already.

8 comments:

April said...

very cute, wanna make me some?!!
April

Meghan said...

sorry you crashed your bike and got hurt. Also I would be really sad to if that drink spilled. It is also my FAVORITE drink. Its the best ginger ale in the whole world. Also those skirts are awesome. I want to try and make those!!!

Vashti said...

I love the skirts and I also love the shirts that you chose to pair with them. I love your style!

Brooke said...

I can't believe your just had a baby...you look great!

Love the skirts.

Tif said...

I would have cried about the drink. We love Reeds here!

LOVE the skirts, Rach! And I am totally making that bread tomorrow. I have 36 cups of flour I ground in the last 3 days just hankering to be used. What whole wheat bread recipe does chad use for his bread?

Hope y'all are over the sickies. We should go play this week at AC Gilbert if we have some rainy days, or at a park-maybe the one up the road from you on River Road in Keizer-if there's sun!

Caleb and Hannah said...

Love the skirts!! I just bookmarked that tutorial last week, but you inspire me to get to working on them! So glad you are all feeling better

Susan said...

omg...so so cute! love the length!

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

the skirts look great, good job! I bought more material for to make Kayla another one too...think I'm hooked. ps I think I will feel better tomorrow. I just hung out today so I should be better tomorrow