Tuesday, November 2, 2010

shrimpies

At 6 am I hear: "Jan! it's 6!"
This means that Chad was late for work.
I told him to take the car.
This means he came home for lunch!
I made shrimp tacos, and I must say,
I really liked my new version, can I share how I did it?
Photobucket
You will need:
  • 1/2 diced onion
  • 2 tbsp butter, if this isn't enough, add some olive oil
  • garlic to your liking
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice (if you have fresh, add some zest too!)
  • 1 tsp hot sauce (Texas Pete's is the best)
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • SHRIMP! We only had about 1/2 lb, if that, so if you have more, just increase all the other stuff a little k?

I put the butter,onion and garlic on high heat until the onions were tender, then added the rest of the liquids, then the shrimp.

Cook them until done, but no more than that, you don't want tough shrimpies. Then toss them in a tortilla and make sure you get all that sauce off the pan too, its so good!

Stuff you might really need for the tacos:
  • whole wheat tortillas
  • spinach
  • rice
  • cheese
  • black beans
  • corn
  • tomato
  • avocado
And like all my recipes, the amounts are just good estimates
...I never measure, so tweak it to make it your own!

No comments: