Thursday, February 3, 2011

new (to me) sweater:

3 posts in one day??!!

It's true. I went to valvil again on a hunt for some sweaters to alter for me and mine.
I saw this sweater vest double my real size and knew it had potential.

I decided to make a info-mercial type before and after:
Likey? Waaay easy.
I just put it on inside out, safety pinned where I wanted it to fit and then sewed it. 
BLAM. New favorite shrity-sweater-vesty thing. All it took was 20 min, no jokesters.

Next up? Dresses for the girls!

...and its also true, I have a hard time just plain smiling in a picture. 

9 comments:

Carly said...

awesome haha

Celeste said...

Oh my gosh I love your freaking face(s)!
That looks hot.
Unfortunatley I was distracted by something shiny when they were giving out creativity, resourcefullness & thrifty-nifty up in the pre-existence.
You gots mad skills, yo.

Andrea said...

that's awesome! i may try. you make it sound too easy.

Diana Smith said...

You are so skinny!! That sweater looks amazing!

Katie James said...

Did you add sleeves to it? Or did it always have sleeves but I couldn't see it in the "before"? Either way, LOVE it... I may hit our local SAVERS (a sister-company to ValVil) and see what I can find.
Although I don't know if I can come up with a creative nickname for my thrift store :)

Southern Belle said...

That is sooo cute! I am not gonna lie when I saw the before picture I didn't believe it was going to be cute, but I LOVE it!! I wish I knew how to sew, I would totally make 10 for myself and Cheyenne too:)

Rachel Ashmore said...

The sweater turned out great! It's hard to believe the before and after are really the same piece of clothing!

Jeremy Saunders said...

okay, I LOVE that sweater! Have you lost weight? Also, Niff is pretty darn TOO CUTE for her own good! I mean really, who is that cute?
I love how productive you are!
mimi

Emma said...

shoot girl, you can make anything! Love your Tues idea. Have a fun day with Chad today :).