Sunday, March 6, 2011

it came!

Are you a church go'n folk like us? Do you have kids? You know those Sundays when you think: WHY DO I EVEN COME?
(me, making a heart with my hands...can't see that though)
Sometimes you may be out in the hall with a noisy kid the whole time, or in nursery because your noisy kid has separation anxiety about you leaving for a few minutes, you plan a lesson and it totally flops...really the list goes on.
But today, was great. Today was the reason you go even though you reeeeally don't want to. 
Last night we bribed Lily to go to sleep a little early because: "once you wake up, you get to go to nursery!" just like Christmas. She really is in love with it now. Eden was a hilarious little dream baby the whole three hours. I teach singing time in primary (kids ages 18 months-11years) and today we learned a brand new song in less than 5 minutes, I was so proud and blown away by how quick they were. Chad teaches the 14-15 year old boys and he did great.
Now we are all snug in our warm house while it pours out side, soon we will all take naps then head over to some friends for a delicious Sunday feast.

So if you are currently wondering why you even go, hold on, keep going, it totally does pay off. I never thought I'd see the day, but it came!

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

Ha. I am currently praying that Miles will take a nap before we leave for church. But, it looks like today will not be my lucky day, as he is still pounding the wall and talking away.

I am glad your Sunday came, I am reminding myself that mine will soon come. At least the kids in our Sunday School class and in my YW's class don't mind a little slobber. But, perhaps they'll get more out my lessons once Miles can go to nursery! :)

amber york said...

It sounds like GREAT day! I just need to get myself to church. We have been sick FOREVER LONG. Every time I think we're better it hits again. I haven't been to church in I think 4 weeks. Agggggggh. I miss it!

Diana Smith said...

I know exactly how you feel!! Church is at 9 which is TOO early and its Olivias nap time, so I am trying to wrestle tears and crabbyness, mine included!

Megan Marie said...

wooooooo! go you!!! we had an awesome sunday, too! soooo needed!

Haley said...

all i can say is that i love this :) okay, and that you've got to be the cutest,most fun primary chorister on the planet.

Katie James said...

You're the primary chorister? I play the piano and our chorister told me about a blog that she absolutely loves.
www.divinesecretsofaprimarychorister.blogpost.com
Don't know if there's any inspiration there for you but it's always nice to get a tip here or there, right??
PS- Love your look, I've been looking for a skirt just like that

jenniferhoiyin said...

i so needed to read this. your blog is uber cute, found it via Susan (freshlypicked).