Wednesday, March 2, 2011

yay for husbands!

(please don't slap me for using another iphone picture...)
Yesterday was just another day of you know, modeling wedding dresses at a country club. 
Totally normal.
My friend is a photographer and had a job shooting dresses for a local bridal shop, and the dresses happened to not be only size 1, so she asked me and some other girls if we wanted to "help".
It was just like five years ago when we got married...except there were 15 less pounds then, no stretch marks, and I wasn't calling the babysitter while trying the dresses on.
It was a fun day away from responsibility for a few hours and wearing fancy dresses.
Through out the day I was reminded how awesome my husband is and how absolutely happy I am that I got to marry him. 
He gets me. How I need time away,  how the monthly surge of hormones are unfair, how I need late nights with girl friends, how having sick kids=lack of sleep+being at home all day=me wanting to scream. All of these I have felt this week, and in so many ways he has stepped in and saved me. Husbands rock.

11 comments:

k said...

pretty girl :) Trying on wedding dresses sounds like a blast!!

Jennifer Miller said...

Cool; It would be fun to see the finished product! Beautiful Rachel as always.

Vashti said...

What fun! I know I definitely need my time away from home for my sanity. That is awesome that Chad is supportive of you in all the ways you need him to be!!

Laci said...

Love this blog of yours! Typical Tuesday is a genius idea! And your writing is darling. Im so bad at that.
Happy day cute girl :)

Megan Marie said...

sooooooooooooooo cool! you look awesome!!!!!! love it.

Diana Smith said...

This is so fun! Trying on wedding dresses! you look gorgeous !i hope you show us your pictures!!

Janice said...

how fun! and you look beautiful!

Jeremy Saunders said...

I love the dress and you look like the perfect model. What a fun job, and yes, husbands rock!
mimi

Brittany said...

You are a vision in white! I would love to try on wedding dresses and take pictures.

Husbands do rock! And I love iphone pics. You always have your phone with ya!

Tanya said...

looks like it was so much fun. by the way you are gorgeous!

Becca said...

Thanks for the cute comment!!

I am def going to try that shrimp salad at snake bite now!

Hope you stop by the blog again.
Cheers to BYUI!