Wednesday, June 22, 2011

the deal.

No one guessed correctly.
We are in Arkansas. Logically.
So whats our deal?
I'll give you a rough little time line of our life this past month-ish:

  • About a month ago, Chad got let go at work. Awesome...
  • We needed a game plan. That night, we used our huge chalk board, and wrote down all possible options of what to do next. Do we move? Do we stay in NC? It was a long night. We laughed, we cried.
  • Some of our best friends, they live in Bentonville, AR. Home of the head quarters of Walmart. They invited us to come live with them while Chad tried to get a job here at Walmart (like, in accounting, not as a greeter) He's had one interview thus far, and will find out hopefully in a week?
  • So after some serious prayer, and laying out of more options, we took our friend's option, and moved in with.

Sounds rather risky, but really it's our best option. We couldn't afford living where we did sans a job. And we don't have that much money to move far away. And we felt that this was the best option too, so we made the jump, and packed up.
Almost two weeks ago, we loaded up our car, and drove the 18 hours to AR.
(Chad and Todd drove out this past weekend and got the rest of our stuff with a truck)
So how am I doing? Pretty good. But I'm tired. There is so much in the air, and it's exhausting.  Remember how we have two little girls? Remember how I am pregnant with another one? It's hard, but I know it will all work out. Always does. I may not know exactly how its all going to work out, but I do know that it will. Heavenly Father, never, ever leaves us alone.

So, there you have it, thats our deal. And yes, I'll try and be better about blogging again.

14 comments:

Vashti said...

WHAT?!? Totally not where I guessed! I am glad that you have some plans in the works! I missed reading your blogs while you were in limbo land! Hang in there!

Jennifer Miller said...

Rachel
My cousin Dee Christensen works at the Walmart headquarters. He is very happy with his job. My family is from Arkansas and Bentonville is the best part of AR. Its beautiful and progressive as you can see. I will be thinking of you. Keep exercising that amazing faith you have always had. You will be in my prayers

Tif said...

I refrained from guessing since I had heard from a little birdie where you guys are.

Can I just say...you're brave. NC was one thing. But AR is like a WHOLE 'NOTHER WORLD! lol

good luck on the job!

Gena said...

Did you remember to take the sippy cups off the Subaru before you took off? :) You guys have so much faith! I hope it really works out for you. Good luck Chad!

adrianne said...

you're back! can't wait to hear how it all turns out for you guys! keep your chin up rach. love you!

Julie KG said...

I love Arkansas! I have visited Fayetteville and would love to live there...another world, but also a really great place. Best of luck with Chad's job search, you are a super mom!!!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck in your latest adventure. sending thoughts and prayers. Keep up the blogging. This baltimore momma loves it!

Megan Marie said...

You are my hero. Best wife ever. I can't wait to hear more about this most recent adventure. :)

Haley said...

i'm so sorry to hear about Chad's job!! you guys are such an amazing couple...working hard as a team and listening to the Spirit to make the best choice for your family in this hard situation... prayers for you guys! And what a blessing that your friend offered their home! Hope Chad gets the job at Walmart! One of Adam's best friends/college roomies and his wife (John and Cristy Pearson) both work at the head quarters there...they really love it...especially the people in the area! They said there are lots of LDS peeps and especially young families :) If you meet them tell them Adam and Haley say Hi! :)

Lindsay said...

I served part of my mission in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission. I learned that Arkansas has AMAZING health care and doctors. The state gives providers fantastic tax and law reasons to relocate to AR. Also, great BQQ. I spent my part of the mission in Collierville, TN. Its a rich little suberb of Memphis--with FedEx corporate offices. It has a private library system--so, their beautiful and clean. Also, they have an awesome -free- Bible Museum in the town square.
http://www.biblical-museum.org/Museum_of_Biblical_History/Museum.html

The elders snuck a Book of Mormon into their reference library. You can see if its still there.

Have fun!

Rachelle said...

ugh. my husband got laid off while i was pregnant with our second baby. it sucked. we felt so unsure of what to do. the good news - it all worked out. a better job all around came our way. i know the same will happen for you guys! hang in there. :)

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

God will work it out :0) I know that we try to stress about or figure it out but sometimes you just can't. You have to hand over to God and every time doubt or worry comes in your head just say God is good, God is going to work it out. We had a time that it just didn't make sense how we were going to make it financially and I was pregnant with Haddie, Justin had just changed jobs but took a more then 50% pay cut etc. etc. Anyways I had to get to the point of totally trusting God with all my thoughts etc. and let me tell you I have not turned back since. God has totally taken care of us and even more then that I just can't even explain the peace that I had/have! There you have so many people praying for you & your little family. HOPE is that light at the end of the tunnel and I am excited to see what happens next on your wonderful journey!! Prayers sent your way!! :0)

Emma said...

Greece was pretty close I think ;).