Thursday, February 16, 2012

roasted almond maple veggies+sausage

We have always loved roasting our veggies. It just makes them so much more flavorful.
I made something a little different than our usual other day, and we will most definitely be repeating it.....
(all ingredients are approximate...I never measured, and used what I had on hand)

  • 2 peeled sweet potatoes, cut in 1inch chunks
  • about 2 cups of brussle sprouts, washed, halved or quarttered 
  • about 1.5 cups of peeled carrots, chopped into 1 inch chunks
  • 1/2 large onion, chopped into small chunks
  • 2/3 cup dried cranberries
  • 3/4 cup roughly chopped almonds
  • two large sausages
  • 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • couple shakes of balsamic vinegar
  • olive oil (just enough to coat veggies...couple tbsp?)
  • 1 tbsp parsly 
  • 1 tsp coarse sea salt
  • garlic!--I love it, so I added two big cloves
  • pepper to taste

Peel/chop all your veggies while you brown the sausages, dont cook, just brown. Then slice those into about 1 inch slices, add all that to a 9x13. Then add the rest of the ingredients, stir it all around to coat everything evenly. Bake that all at 375 for about half hour, or until carrots and sweet potatoes are soft.

ps- paleo friendly, and vegan friendly...obviously if you cut out the sausage.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yum! That sounds amazing! I love brussle sprouts!

April said...

I have read that chicken sausage is okay. I made something similar to that the other day it was so good!
A

Unknown said...

Can I come over for dinner? We eat chicken sausage every morning...