Wednesday, July 11, 2012

rainbow magic

So remember how over the 4th of July my older two girls had the roseola virus? (weird virus that just gives kids 0-4 yrs old crazy high temps and a non-itchy rash, for about a 5-8 days)...well looks like Mags is taking her turn with it. What the lame?!
Wouldn't it be nice to be super mom and have creative crafts/activites all planned out for my older girls while I tend to my sickie...instead of what really happened: me holding and nursing to sleep a very fussy baby ALL DAY and the girls sitting in front of the tv watching Ponies or Strawberry Shortcake. This too shall pass, I know, I know, but still...not awesome.

We did break it up a little bit, we played with barbies or ponies for a little bit until Maggie was freaking. And luckily, we buy our baking soda and vinegar in bulk, cause the girls have been doing this for the past half hour: 9x13 full of baking soda and colored vinegar to spoon in aka: "making rainbow magic!"

Now if you will excuse me, I have a baby to hold and kiss, and another episode of ponies to turn on.

ps-- seen any good movies lately?? Chad and I have a sitter and saturday night dedicated to us going to see a movie, I would love a good recommendation. And FYI the last time we went and saw a movie was HP 7.1.....so it's been a few years....

10 comments:

Amy and Nathan said...

Avengers!! AMAZING MOVIE!!!!!!

Kelsey said...

Love the rainbow magic, might have to try that w/ M&M if I can handle the potential mess. :)

Don't worry I think MIles just went up to play the iPad again, I believe this marks the beginning of his 3rd hour on it. If I was a good mom I'd go get him, but I'm just enjoying my peace instead.

Melinda said...

Avengers was excellent.

We both really liked Brave as well!

Carly said...

LOVE when you post ideas like this. Off to rainbow magic it up with MY girls!!

Carly said...

PS I think Chad would LOVE Magic Mike - that sounds like a date night AND A HALF!

;)

kaitlyn said...

Brave. worth it with or without the girls... but you might just buy it when it comes out?

i really enjoyed snow white. avengers was good, super-heroe-y movie... but i enjoyed all the ones leading up to it about the characters better.

honestly not a lot of good movies out.

MAYBE... SINGIN in the RAIN?!?!?! that one is out up here in the theater and is my favorite movie OF ALL TIME.

Becca said...

Brave was awesome, but the girls would love it, too!

Avengers was totally awesome, but for some reason you don't strike me as the super hero type?? I could be totally wrong. Spiderman was also good. Emma Stone? Pish, you could never go wrong with a movie with her in it.

Tyler saw and enjoyed Moonrise Kingdom. We went to our cheap theater and they were playing Bernie (Jack Black) and that was hilarious! Maybe your cheap theater has that? Also, hunger games if you can.

Southern Belle said...

Hey! I had to stop by the blogski to tell you that I am taking our girls to one of those movie deals tomorrow to see 'How to train your dragon' and I have been thinking of you. I remember you telling me that your girls really liked it... I think I may be leaving Berkeley with a friend I am thinking it might be above her interest level (she is 20 months). Anyway, I love that rainbow magic idea! I can't wait to try it with my girls and if it works out, I could try it in nursery too!

Tess said...

Moonrise Kingdom is amazing! A great feel good. :)

debsfreckles said...

I and my husband really enjoyed Snow White and the Huntsman and Moonrise Kingdom